You Will Need a Plan
- Develop a written plan with your intentions and step-by-step implementation of new sanitation and workplace policies. A written plan demonstrates that you care about your employees and customers.
- Follow this plan and give proof. Whether its a a schedule for cleaning, a signed agreement by employees, or posting these policies around your business, make sure your plan is clear and is being followed! A plan without action is worthless.
- Communicate your new plan. Post it on social media, post it around the workplace, post it in the employee lounge. Be repetitive, be clear, and be consistent.
Crucial Elements of a Written Plan
- Prepared infectious disease response plan
- Basic infection prevention measures
- Workplace flexibility and protection
- Implementation of workplace controls
Click Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 by OHSA for the full documents.
American Hotel & Lodging Association Hospitality for Hope Initiative – This initiative was created to boost collaboration between the local, state, and federal governments with the aim to help hoteliers and overnight accommodations reopen safely.
Q&A from the American Hotel & Lodging Association – This document answers the most frequently asked questions regarding hotel reopening and occupancy.
US Travel’s Industry Guidance for Promoting Healthy Tourism – Overarching guidelines for attractions, hotels, restaurants, and other tourism sectors. Created in conjunction with the CDC and White House.
Food & Drug Administration’s Best Practices for Retail Food Stores, Restaurants, and Food Pick-Up/Delivery Services During the COVID-19 Pandemic – Healthy best practices for restaurants and employees.
Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership’s webinar on the Roadmap to Reopening Restaurants & Hospitality businesses in Northeast Indiana – Hear from health, business, and industry experts on what best practices are being using in our local region.
Indiana Tourism Association “Our Hoosier Hospitality Promise” – Created in light of US Travel and the Indiana Restaurant & Lodging Association’s plans. An cohesive guide for Indiana’s tourism industry.
Back on Track Indiana – View the latest state updates and resources.
Coronavirus in Indiana – Official Updates from the Indiana State Health Dept.
Guidance for Employers During COVID-19 Response from Indiana State Heath Dept. – What businesses and employers can do during reopening.
Coronavirus Information from the CDC – A general overview of the virus.
How COVID-19 Spreads from the CDC – An overview on how the virus spreads and how to prevent the spread.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) from the CDC – Personal Protective Equipment and slowing the spread of COVID-19.
PPE Marketplace – PPE available for companies and not for profits with 150 employees or less.