Since the outbreak of COVID-19, there has become a new standard for how businesses are operated. With new news coming out of the CDC, state, and federal government daily, we hope this can be a place for you to gather and utilize whatever information you need to help your post-COVID reopening go smoothly.
You Will Need a Plan
- Develop a written plan with your intentions and step-by-step implementation of new sanitation and workplace policies. A written plan demonstrates that you care about your employees and customers.
- Follow this plan and give proof. Whether its a a schedule for cleaning, a signed agreement by employees, or posting these policies around your business, make sure your plan is clear and is being followed! A plan without action is worthless.
- Communicate your new plan. Post it on social media, post it around the workplace, post it in the employee lounge. Be repetitive, be clear, and be consistent.
Crucial Elements of a Written Plan
- Prepared infectious disease response plan
- Basic infection prevention measures
- Workplace flexibility and protection
- Implementation of workplace controls
Click Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 by OHSA for the full documents.
Industry Specific Resources
American Hotel & Lodging Association Hospitality for Hope Initiative – This initiative was created to boost collaboration between the local, state, and federal governments with the aim to help hoteliers and overnight accommodations reopen safely.
Q&A from the American Hotel & Lodging Association – This document answers the most frequently asked questions regarding hotel reopening and occupancy.
US Travel’s Industry Guidance for Promoting Healthy Tourism – Overarching guidelines for attractions, hotels, restaurants, and other tourism sectors. Created in conjunction with the CDC and White House.
Food & Drug Administration’s Best Practices for Retail Food Stores, Restaurants, and Food Pick-Up/Delivery Services During the COVID-19 Pandemic – Healthy best practices for restaurants and employees.
Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership’s webinar on the Roadmap to Reopening Restaurants & Hospitality businesses in Northeast Indiana – Hear from health, business, and industry experts on what best practices are being using in our local region.
Indiana Tourism Association “Our Hoosier Hospitality Promise” – Created in light of US Travel and the Indiana Restaurant & Lodging Association’s plans. An cohesive guide for Indiana’s tourism industry.
You can now take the Hoosier Hospitality Promise and offer exclusive discounts to Indiana residents who pledge to take the Promise. By signing up you commit to following the guidelines above and to provide the safest travel experience. Once you take the promise you will receive a window cling and resources to help encourage safe travel. Click here to sign up and take the Promise today!
Indiana’s Back on Track Plan – View the governor’s plan for reopening and what businesses can begin to open during that stage.
Coronavirus in Indiana – Official Updates from the Indiana State Health Dept.
Guidance for Employers During COVID-19 Response from Indiana State Heath Dept. – What businesses and employers can do during reopening.
Coronavirus Information from the CDC – A general overview of the virus.
How COVID-19 Spreads from the CDC – An overview on how the virus spreads and how to prevent the spread.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) from the CDC – Personal Protective Equipment and slowing the spread of COVID-19.
PPE Marketplace – PPE available for companies and not for profits with 150 employees or less.